Managing a real estate blog with WordPress has a great advantage among which is the possibility to install different plugins. WordPress plugins help the real estate to install effective functions on its websites.
Among the most used plugins on the professional real estate blogging, we can find especially the ones created for the improvement of the SEO of a blog. SEO by Yoast is one of the most used plugins along with others that were created for different targets.
The admin of a real estate blog should choose a SEO plugin. His/her selection will be conditioned by different variables. SEO by Yoast is quite a simple complement to configure, apart from being one of the most used plugins for getting visibility on the professional blogging world.
However, bloggers´ critics focus on certain functions and a possible over-optimization of the website when we get to depend too much on it. Over-optimizing the contents of a real estate blog is a negative thing.
One thing is to optimize the published articles and a totally different thing is to over-optimize them. It is necessary to find the balance of optimizing the contents and the different factors linked to the real estate blog.
In any of the cases and no matter the critics, SEO by Yoast is a good plugin for the improvement of the visibility of a real estate blog.
It is simple to install, it is intuitive and it has functions that allow the real estate to position its contents on Internet in a better way.
General configuration of the Yoast plugin for a real estate blog.
Once installed, we can start the general configuration. Later, we can focus on the use of complements in order to improve the real estate SEO for every content published.
These are the four general plugin options for the free version:
- An introductory tour and the first contact with the plugin.
- The latest changes made by its developers.
- Restore the predetermined configuration; the one before the installation of the plugin.
Real estate must reflect on the name of the real estate blog and should create an alternative name for it. We can choose between a particular or company on the slider menu.
For the particular case of the real estate, we need to select the option company.
– Tools for webmasters.
As the name suggests it, this is the section which includes specific info linked to tools for webmasters and where we get statistics of the real estate blog.
- These are the sections for this configuration area:
- ID verification by Alexa.
- Following code of Bing Webmasters Tools (Microsoft).
- ID of Google Search Console (following joined code between the tool for webmasters and Analytics platform).
- Admin code of the webmaster tool from Yandex.
Once the codes of each platform are generated, we only need to copy and paste them on the boxes in order to save the info. After finishing every step, we need to go to each platform and authenticate the codes in order to start generating the statistics of the real estate blog.
The only possibility offered by this section is to mark and unmark the boxes, leaving a box unmarked or redirect the articles. When that box is left unmarked, the contents can be configured as NoIndex and this is no good for the real estate interest for sure.
This is an interesting option, mainly for the blog inside the group of blogs managed by different editors, even if the blog is managed by a single person, the latter will know for sure how to get the best of it in a more effective way.
Titles and meta tags for the real estate blog.
This is a more technical section of the SEO positioning plugin which offers the possibility to start configuring different options in a more specific way.
One of the main points of the SEO plugin by Yoast is the fact that it offers a very high level of configuration. However, if the admin of the real estate blog does not know those functions by hear, we must take some precautions in order to avoid the harming of the real estate positioning.
These are the options offered by this plugin for this section
- Force the rewriting of the tiles. Plugin detects if it is necessary to force the rewriting in an automatic way or not.
- Title separator (allows us to use a series of symbols as separators).
- Real estate blog front page (title template).
- Meta description template for the blog´s front page.
- Template of front page title, its Meta (description), Robots Meta (NoIndex and follow).
- Date of quick look of the front page of the real estate blog.
- These two points can be applied both to front pages as to multimedia contents.
- Taxonomy of the blog´s categories (title templates, Meta description, Robots Meta).
- Taxonomy of the blog´s tags (title templates, Meta description, Robots Meta).
- Format of the Taxonomies (title templates, Meta description, Robots Meta).
- Archives of the real estate blog´s author (title templates and Meta description).
- Archives by dates (defining templates and the correspondent Meta).
- Prevention of duplicated content (NoIndex or follow for the author´s archives.
- Special pages of the real estate blog (404 pages, etc.).
- Meta general adjustments of the real estate blog (apply NoIndex to subpages, use Meta on the keywords, add “noodp”, Robots Meta tags for the blog and used “nodir” in the same way but for the website).
SEO by Yoast and social media for real estate.
On the social media configuring section, the real estate can link its different social media accounts to its blog.
These are the options of this section:
– General options (URL addresses).
– Linking to the real estate website on Facebook.
SEO by Yoast allows us to link the real estate blog and web to any Facebook Page. In order to manage the linking, the plugin uses Meta Datos Open Graph system, a very flexible and complex tool.
The system allows us to upload a corporate image through URL address, assign a title and add a description.
We can also assign default configurations and use Facebook Insights with the ID of that social media platform only with the authorization of the administrator of the real estate Facebook Page.
– Linking real estate blog with Twitter account.
Similar to Facebook system, this plugin allows us to link to Twitter by adding Meta Datos on the <head> section both for the real estate blog as for the real estate web.
In the same time, it shows the default system that needs to be used (summary or image summary).
– Real estate blog and we linked to Pinterest.
Linking the real estate websites to Pinteres is a simple thing to do and it can be done through a verification code of that social media platform.
If the real estate wants to optimize its website with the help of Pinterest, or Facebook, it should activate the option called Open Graph and verify the link with the help of the corresponding Meta Tag.
– Linking real estate website with Google Plus.
Each social media platform uses different systems to link Meta Datos. This plugin offers options for Google Plus which focus on the specific technical specifications of that platform. The option offered by SEO by Yoast is to include specific Meta Datos on Google Plus.
A real estate must include URL address of its website on Google Plus (Google Publisher), and include also the setback link on the section About on Google+.
On the following article inside real estate SEO, we will keep analyzing the basic SEO functions needed to optimize the real estate blog.
Source: WordPress Yoast SEO Plugin