On social media platforms, pages and profiles are turning into online websites. That is why we insist on the importance of structuring them properly. Just like the real estate website and real estate blog, social media profiles or corporate pages must be optimized in a proper way.
Normally, the real estate in Spain forgets about the social media pages and it underestimates its functionality without valuing the real potential of its pages and what they mean for the real estate marketing.
Starting from the idea that a real estate counts with a webpage and a well optimized real estate blog, we must start with the process of optimizing the social media pages and the profiles of the agents. Optimizing those sites is essential in order to get good results.
Without a correct optimization and a correct management, the real estate pages and profiles of the agents will become ineffective. On the previous articles based on the real estate social media strategy, we have analyzed the target of the real estate sites and the function of the real estate agent on a social network.
However, we can detect that the target is divided into two big objectives: achieve the brand development of the real estate and the increase of the visitors traffic to the real estate web.
In the same time, we must understand that the real estate web is the HUB of the online operations. In other words, this is the place where all social media actions will take part (corporate pages, real estate blog, social profiles of the real estate agents, etc.).
- The users´ behavior on social networks is quite the same as the one of the visitors of the real estate web and blog.
- The users get to the social media page of the real estate or to the profile of the real estate agent.
- After some seconds, they observe the site and the most important details (header image, profile picture, more info, published posts, etc.).
- If we manage to get the attention of the users, they will definitely stay on the page. If not, they will leave the page.
Optimization of the real estate social media profile.
All elements of the profiles and social media pages of a real estate, can and must be optimized. The most important areas that need to be optimized are:
– Header image of the real estate profile.
Both the social media page of the real estate as the real estate agent´s profile must count with a header image.
Most of the times, real estate agencies in Spain use the façade of the building as a header image. This gives a certain corporate aspect, but taking it from another point of view, we think another type of image would get the attention of the users in a better way.
For example, if we are talking about a real estate located on the coast, a picture of the beach would get more interest on it and it would be more effective.
In the case of the header image of the agent´s profile, we could apply the same rule and manage to use images that send more stimulating feelings than just a façade.
In any of the cases, both the header image of the agent´s profile as the header image of the real estate page must be attractive for the visitors.
Factors to be taken into considerations related to the images used on the header parts of the social networks:
- Each social media platform uses different sizes for its images. That is why it is so important to use the exact size for each picture.
- It is better to use PNG pictures for the profile header picture.
- If the platform allows the use of Alt attributes, we should take the advantage and use this resource.
- Before uploading a picture, it is better to use an editing program for images such as Photoshop, Inkscape, Gimp, Pixlr, etc.
– Real estate profile picture.
This applies in the case in which the real estate might use its logo on a social media. The real estate transmits a corporate image and reinforces its brand development through its logo.
That is why it is so important for a real estate to count with different variants of its logo with different sizes in order to adjust to the specific necessities of each online site.
The image of the social media profile of the real estate agent must be an image of his/her face and never use other pictures for the logo. In order to manage to send certain value and connect to the visitors, the pictures used should not be too formal, but never slip to the other extreme either.
Normally, the most effective picture for a social media profile must be one that is natural, one that shows a confident and reliable person.
– Information for the real estate profiles.
The social media page of a real estate must contain all the needed information of the agency:
- Name of the real estate.
- Location (address of the office and location on the map).
- URL addresses of the website and real estate blog.
- Customer service telephones.
- Working days and schedule for customer service.
- Email address (example: firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Links to other social media sites of the real estate.
- Languages spoken.
- Videoconferences: Skype, FaceTime, Oovoo, etc.
- Instant messaging: WhatsApp, Telegram, Viber, Line, etc.
On the other hand, the social media profile of the real estate agent must also contain info such as:
- Name and surname (avoid nicknames).
- Work email address.
- Phone number (take care if it is a private number).
- URL addresses of your web or personal blog.
- Languages spoken.
- URL addresses of your profiles on other social media platforms.
- Videoconferences: FaceTime, Skype, Oovoo, Hangouts, etc.
- Instant messaging: Telegram, WhatsApp, Line, Viber, etc.
Of course, all the info that the real estate or real estate agent use depends on the social media platform. When there are not too many options to set more info, a very effective resource is to write on the header pictures (phone number, email address, real estate web or real estate blog URLs, etc.)
Frequency of publication and the contents of the real estate profile.
For a real estate in Spain or a real estate agent is not enough to register on one or some social media platforms. The key is the level of activity. The presence on the social media platforms must be constant and proactive for the individual as for the agency.
Determination comes from the frequency of publication of the contents and status updates. In the same way, productivity is defined by the process of planning the contents to publish and it is linked to the frequency and supervision of the general statistics.
Defining the type of content to publish is one of the Content Curator´s tasks, while the real estate Community Manager sets the frequency. Normally, in Spain, the two roles collide and fusion in only one professional only because of the organizational and economic limits of the companies.
Anyway and no matter the limits of a real estate, we need to understand that is very important to set the type of the contents to publish and plan an update calendar of the status.
– Contents to publish on the real estate profile.
– Types of publications:
- Images of the properties for sale, articles of the real estate blog, news based on this sector, third part contents, etc.
- Formats: texts, images, presentations, videos, notes, links, documents, etc.
- Key points: variety of contents (do not publish properties for sale only).
– Frequency of the posts:
- Put them on calendar.
- At least one every day at the best hours with most audience.
- Recommended resources: programs for automatic posts (schedule).
– Analysis of the obtained results:
- Supervise the collected data by the system of the social media.
- Control the derived traffic to the real estate web right from the platform.
- Recommendation: use the specific measuring tools of the social media.
– Other factors to take into consideration about the real estate profile.
In order to optimize a social media page, we need to take into consideration some factors that might affect the strategy of real estate marketing in a positive or negative way.
- Generate engagement: your contacts and followers are persons, not robots.
- Block the false accounts: spammers harm the online popularity.
- Do not do spam actions: this is invasive, bothering and counter-productive.
- Use links to posts: these are back links and traffic for the real estate SEO.
- Make comments and respond to yours: feedback is direct info.
- Do not use automatic Bots: their use is penalized.
- Join groups and communities: it generates positive synergies.
Each real estate agent´s profile and the profile of the real estate page on social platforms are part of the basic strategy of real estate marketing and they are an essential element to strengthen the brand development.