The need to implement a CRM (Customer Relationship Manager) inside a real estate has been already underlined in different articles and we have already analyzed the particular characteristics of them.
The use of an open source program will allow the real estate to increase more the rate of flexibility when using and implementing a real estate CRM. Right from the beginning, the flexibility is a key factor for the entire real estate.
The bigger the level of flexibility of a management tool, the better the results. We need to highlight the fact that all the tools used by the real estate must be flexible, as they need to be adapted to the real estate´s necessities.
When a management tool can be “polished” regarding its specific necessities, we normally get good results, although every real estate is particular and singular.
Nowadays there is a huge variety of open source programs to be used as a real estate CRM, but the real estate must take into consideration some basic aspects related to them in order to get the best results.
The difference is made by the fact that those open source programs are free and they can also be modified and adapted to the real estate´s necessities. An effective real estate CRM is the one that can actually be used by the real estate in an effective way, but we should never implement a program only because it is free.
Every real estate has its functional limits and its strong points that convert them into particular businesses.
Although a real estate CRM is free, this does not mean it is always used in an effective way. The same happens when a real estate CRM is known as the best on the market, although this is not a full warranty.
Why is this the trend? The answer is simple and it happens only because a real estate must dominate both the technology and the management tools in order to get the best levels of productivity.
It is not suffice to invest a lot of money in technology and management tools, they key is in the hands of the company´s employees who must know how to use them properly.
With no training or qualification, no internal management tool will be effective and we must not dream of getting the best results of productivity from it. In order to be used as a real estate CRM, open source programs can be classified depending on their activation platforms.
We have two large types of management programs for the real estate: those that need an Operating System and the online ones that can be managed through web.
In the same time, the advantages and disadvantages of every type of system can also be divided into two large groups: based on their flexibility and the ones based on their security system.
Although we know that the open source programs used in a traditional way are the most secure for a real estate, the online ones are much more flexible on the functional level.
Advantages of an open source CRM for a real estate.
– As we are talking about open source programs, the use of them does not require any economic expense. Their licenses are free; we only need to install those programs, configure them and start using them.
Right from the beginning, a minimal training is required in order to be able to use an open source CRM for real estate.
– A real estate CRM based on an open source has the advantage of using the latest technologies available on the market and there are no limits of updates or lacks of functions.
The updates of open source programs are available for all its areas: operating systems, data bases, programming languages etc.
– The Open Source community is a resource in a total evolution. The real estate can benefit of this by optimizing the functions of the real estate CRM and get the best of them.
The Open Source community is the one in charge of making sure that the program “progresses” and so the real estate will not depend on the restrictions imposed by the payable real estate CRM.
The Open Source community is very active and it is always in the position of getting better and better. This allows the real estate to make the functional updates, solve problems, access important info and get the training needed in order to use the real estate CRM.
– As it does not require a contract with a specific supplier, the CRM based on open source allows us to get access major levels of configuration and personalization. This allows us to adapt the real estate CRM to the specific necessities of the real estate.
And never forget about the possibility of the real estate to access the open source of the implemented management program.
– Open source programs do not allude to the fact that all the programs are free; it does not mean that they are all free.
However, we should understand that there is a huge variety of open source programs that are totally free and the real estate has the possibility to implement the real estate CRM with no expense.
In any of the cases, the investment required to implement an open source CRM for real estate is very low and its functionalities are already 100% proven.
Disadvantages of the open source CRM for a real estate.
– A free real estate CRM based on open source does not offer warranties. Because it is free, no one is responsible for its bad functioning. If the program is not used correctly, the main responsible is actually the real estate. Moreover, the configuration and the personalization will go on its account.
– The real estate might not find all the solutions in only one option. That is why one of the main characteristics of the free software is the many options available. The solutions based on the necessities of each real estate can be found in different options and from there, we get to understand the importance of analyzing the limits of each organization in the first place.
However, it is important to highlight the fact that when the real estate needs specific solutions, it will easily find them through the open source programs.
– Some of the options a real estate will find when using open source programs are progressing in a dizzy way. Some of the management tools for real estate seem to be in a constant Beta phase, in comparison to their payable colleagues.
In conclusion, the real estate must value and start with a simple real estate CRM inferior in functions and usage but with a higher development projection or start with a superior management program with a minor development projection.
– Open Source program can be purchased by the company and so it is no longer free, but payable. We have two illustrative and well known examples: when IBM replaced its CRM with SugarCRM and Oracle bought MySQL.
However, if the real estate had used a CRM based on open source and something like that had occurred, the real estate would have counted with the advantage of having the necessary experience and the benefits that the program would bring (no matter if it is payable).
– There are few options of open source programs targeting the real estate sector, while there are a lot of options of payable real estate CRM. The competence between the payable CRM for real estate is huge and the real estate will always have the possibility to find in the open source programs what actually suits its specific necessities.
– The user of a real estate CRM based on an open source must be trained and formed to a minimum level in order to be able to use it properly, because this is the main obstacle for a real estate (especially in Spain).
A payable real estate CRM has the advantage of including a minimal training of use and specialized technical support. The management of an open source when implementing a real estate CRM is totally independent and we know the dependence to another company has also its disadvantages.
However, because of the limits related to the training in all the technology inside the real estate sector, the payable real estate CRM seems to be a practical option for the real estate.
That is why we find the need of the real estate to invest in the training of its team as a very important aspect.
After evaluating the advantages and disadvantages of using an open source CRM for real estate and starting with its functional implications, we get to the conclusion that this is actually an excellent option.
However, we need to highlight the fact that everything depends on the specific necessities of the real estate, taking into consideration the functional limits and the lacks in the training of the company´s team.