In the previous article, we started talking about the importance for a real estate to implement a customer service policy in order to achieve the best profit. Inside the most important aspects of an effective customer service policy, we highlight the different ways of communication with the client of the real estate:
- The importance of the greetings in order to create a rapport.
- How to talk to the client of the real estate.
- Emotional background of the client and the person who attends him.
- Give the client concise and true information.
- Main aspects of the non-verbal communication.
- Written communication with the client of a real estate.
Methods to attend the customers of a real estate agency.
Continuing with the same subject, we will analyze other linked aspects:
- The telephonic communication with the client of the real estate.
- The attention directed towards the clients of the real estate agency.
The telephonic communication with the clients of the real estate.
The customer service by phone requires the use of all previous aspects. This is very important to be taken into consideration because the client of a real estate is not physically present and that is why we should focus on the main aspects of a verbal communication, leaving aside the non-verbal communication.
If the person of the real estate does not manage the verbal skills without the non-verbal ones, he should center on generating sympathy, a very difficult task for those who don’t have the skills to do this.
For an effective telephonic communication with the client of the real estate we need to understand these key aspects:
– Answering the phone of the real estate should be something included in the main customer service policy and for this, we will need to create a pattern model which must be used by anyone in the real estate.
No matter what models we choose, this could be a simple example:
“Costa Invest Real Estate, hello, this is ( tell your name). How can I help you?”
– The name of the agency should go first when attending the phone calls in a real estate. This shows professionalism and confirms the client the person with whom he really wants to talk to.
– Say “Good morning” or “Good evening” it´s the basic greeting inside the assertiveness keys. In the same time, this is a sign of courtesy and good education. On the contrary, not doing that, will delete the possibility of showing some good values to the client.
– The person who attends the phone calls in a real estate should say his/her name because this personalizes the attention offered and it offers more confidence. It is very important to personalize the attention of the client of the real estate and the person who establishes the first contact should turn into a facilitator of the client.
We have to transmit to the client of the real estate a good mood and receptivity because most of the times, that receptivity turns into a key element in order to generate an instant positive rapport.
What we must never do when attending a phone call.
– We must never use an informal telegram type greeting such as ¨Hi¨ or ¨Yes, please¨. These types of greetings to use when attending a phone call inside a real estate are forbidden and it is shameful that there are lots of real estates that still use this style.
The person who takes the calls inside a real estate should bear in mind that he/she will become the voice of the real estate and will be the responsible of several values to share. Most of the times, the start of a selling process depends on her.
– Use an aggressive and impersonal tone. This is badly negative when talking to a possible client and this will damage the real estate interests. We must always adopt a calm and constant tone and never modify it. If the client of the real estate contacts us in order to complain for something, the person who attends him must never answer likewise, but on the contrary, he should try to make the client change his mood.
– There are several words to be avoided when taking a phone call because they could provoke negative reactions from the client.
We should not forget words are actions and they always provoke reactions, aspect that conditions the link between the client and the real estate. The words we should avoid when talking to a client on the phone: should, must , you have to, you should have, etc.
The person who takes the call should always be the facilitator and a problem solver and should never become an obstacle in the communication.
– When we attend a client on the phone, we should not ask for forgiveness and we should always say we do not know anything about that subject on which the client is complaining. Not knowing something is not a problem.
The bigger problem is when we say we do know when we actually do not. Professionally, there is no shame to not know some functional things inside the real estate and we could always ask for help or even pass the client to another person of the real estate.
If that were the case, we should never leave the client the sensation of trying to avoid him or trick him.
– We must never attend a client of the real estate showing interest to another thing. When we talk to a client we must pay attention only to him.
It is highly important to achieve a high level of concentration with the client of the real estate and we should try to process all the info the client brings and so register every detail into our minds.
In this way, we could easily achieve a more effective customer service.
– If you promise something to the client, you should accomplish it. If a client calls to the office because he wants to talk to a certain member of the real estate, the person who attends him should pass the message to the correct member.
In the same time, if the person who attends the client needs some time to manage the task, then the former should call the client. The phrase ¨I will get back to you¨ is a promise so it should be accomplished.
Not accomplish the promise is one of the worst and negative factors which the real estate could transmit to a client.
Attend a client of the real estate in person.
The present communication with the client of a real estate requires pass through all the previous characteristics of the verbal and non-verbal communication.
We should take into consideration that in that background, the verbal communication has its relevant role and so we need to focus on the main aspects of that communication, in order to achieve an effective customer service inside the real estate.
We should not forget about the fact that there are other aspects related to a certain type of communication and apart from becoming the voice of the company, the person who attends the client turns into the image of it.
The main elements to be taken into consideration in order to achieve a good and effective customer service for the client who is present inside the real estate are the following:
– Courtesy is a feature which is transmitted right from the beginning and it is linked to the confidence we need to show to a client. We should never forget the first impression counts the most.
– The personalized attention is one of the most valued elements by the client of a real estate. It is important to call the client by his name (without crossing the limits) and using a certain rate of sympathy.
If the client of the real estate feels that the person who attends him is helping him and has the best intentions, by no means, he will feel discontented.
– The efficiency of the customer service of a real estate is achieved only with the feeling of security sent to the client and with the help of the good time management. The security is achieved through information and the qualification of the members of a real estate.
These are the most important elements in order to transmit confidence and professionality to the client. Managing time properly is also important, because the clients do not want to lose their time and when they have their doubts and questions solved, they feel a professional environment.
– The image of the person who attends the client of the real estate is also very important and transmits a series of non-encoded data. By non-encoded data we refer to those aspects that are showed to the client right from the beginning.
Those aspects will condition the client in a sense or another instantly. The specific subject of the personal image is based on several conditions among which we could easily notice the look and the neatness. Without wasting the time talking about stereotypes, the members of a real estate should be aware there are some not written social rules of what to wear in a company.
The implementing of a well-defined customer service policy of the real estate allows the real estate to get a higher level of efficiency, increment the positive synergies with the clients and create more solid commercial links for the real estate.